New Aveda Tulasara Facials at Hair Crafters
Did you know Hair Crafters offers Aveda facials? It’s probably one of our best-kept secrets and our secret weapon is Irena, who has been providing facials to our guests for over 20 years. Her deep knowledge of skin care along with her European touch combined with Aveda’s line of powerful botanically-based products (up to 95% naturally-derived) is an absolute necessary service for you to experience at Hair Crafters.
If you have never experienced a facial, you can expect to receive the following:
- Before your facial begins, you will be asked to get comfortable and remove as much of your clothing to the upper body as you desire, usually just your top. You will be given a terry-cloth covering to protect the rest of your body and clothing during the facial.
- You will recline in our facial chair. We will have aromatic candles in the room as well as light music playing if you prefer.
- Irena will begin by asking you about your current skin care routine. At this time, it is helpful to tell her any kinds of problems or challenges you face in your skin care regime. She will address these issues as she goes through the following 5 steps.
Step 1: Purification
Purification helps the skin by removing surface impurities and toning.
Step 2: Exfoliation
Exfoliation with dry brushes with or without steam deepens the purification process by removing a particular excess and renewing the skin’s texture.
Step 3: Massage
Massage helps the skin recover from the exfoliation process by balancing and nourishing the skin using manual manipulation, often to achieve a particular outcome such as increasing blood circulation, remove fluid build-up or help soothe the nervous system.
Step 4: Correction
Correction improves the skin’s appearance by layering products in a strategic order to penetrate the skin and help correct a particular skin challenge or imbalance.
Step 5: Protection
This final step protects the skin after the corrective treatments.
- At the end of your facial, you will be given recommendations as to what to use at-home.
- Don’t forget to schedule another facial treatment between 4-8 weeks to see maximum benefits in your skin’s health and appearance.
Mini Facial This facial is a wonderful weekly or bi-weekly service that offers a cleansing, exfoliation and moisturizing treatment in 30 minutes. $40
My First Facial Enjoy a $10 discount on your first Tulusāra Spa Facial or Tulusāra Spa Facial with Dual Exfoliation Peel at Hair Crafters. Just let us know it is your first facial experience and we’ll take $10 off! Cannot be used in combination with the series of 3 package.
Teen Facial This facial is designed to help young people learn how to take care of their skin. This facial includes cleansing, exfoliation, masque and moisturizing treatment along with tips for keeping the skin healthy and as blemish-free as possible. 45 minutes $60
Tulusāra Spa Facial Irena’s signature facial incorporates Purification, Exfoliation, Massage, Correction and Protection. Enjoy the added benefits of an Aveda Dual Exfoliation Peel along with Irena’s European touch. 60 minutes $80. Series of 3: $216 (10% savings) Must be used within six months of purchase. To ensure the package is used within six months, please pre-schedule your appointments.
Tulusāra Spa Facial with Dual Exfoliation Peel Exactly the same as the Tulusāra Spa Facial, but with the added benefit of the Aveda Perfecting Plant Peel system, which is a dual exfoliation peel that combines Aveda’s naturally-derived mechanical and biochemical exfoliation methods into one powerful treatment. The treatment delivers immediate, visible results in improved skin texture and radiance, smoothed appearance of fine, dry lines and refined pores, revealing fresher, younger-looking skin. In a clinical study, the Dual Exfoliation Peel achieved better results than a combined microdermabrasion/30% glycolic peel treatment in both immediate smoothness and radiance, plus significantly better results in smoothness, radiance and the appearance of skin tone one week later. 75 Minutes: $100. Series of 3: $270 (10% savings) Must be used within six months of purchase. To ensure the package is used within six months, please pre-schedule your appointments.
Why do you use Aveda products for facials?
Hair Crafters has chosen to use Aveda skin care because of its commitment to the environment by using only people and planet friendly products, most of which are more than 95% naturally-derived from plants and other botanical sources, with zero artificial ingredients. By eliminating our dependence on petroleum-based and synthetic ingredients, Aveda’s products dramatically improves the health and well-being of our skin and bodies.
What is Tulusāra from Aveda?
Tulusāra is a new system of skin care concentrates that you can blend into your normal skin care routine. There are five new products with the Tulusāra name that will be used in our facials that you can also purchase for at-home use.
- Radiant Facial Dry Brush: exfoliates to promote smooth, soft, radiant skin. Extra-soft nylon bristles gently lift and sweep away dull surface cells and stimulate the skin’s surface. This is a much gentler and natural alternative to mechanical exfoliation devices.
- Radiant Oileation Oil: 100% naturally-derived blend with six plant oils designed to be massaged into the skin after using the Radiant Facial Dry Brush to help promote microcirculation and to nourish and restore the skin’s radiance.
- Tulusāra Calm Concentrate: Instantly calms and hydrates to help restore skin’s healthy balance. Gives skin an immediate cooling sensation. Helps strengthen and restore skin’s natural protective barrier to improve skin’s resilience.
- Tulusāra Bright Concentrate: Instantly helps restore your skin’s radiance and reduces the look of dark spots, discoloration and uneven skin tones over time.
- Tulusāra Frim Concentrate: Lifts and firms the look of skin to help restore and revitalize skin’s radiant, healthy appearance.
What else is new?
Aveda has also created new cleansers, moisturizers and serums that tackle multiple types of skin conditions and challenges that we will be incorporating into our facials. These products are professional only and not available for at-home use. They are:
- Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Treatment Lotion: A daily, 99% naturally derived treatment lotion that helps provide instant hydration to maintain the skin’s moisture balance.
- Professional Composition Oil: a professional-only, nourishing plant oil blend that gently pre-cleanses and nourishes skin, dissolving eye, lip and face makeup while providing a protective barrier and lasting slip for facial massage.
- Professional Balancing Cleanser: a professional-only, 99% naturally derived cleanser that removes makeup, impurities and environmental pollutants, nourishes and purifies skin and helps maintain the skin’s moisture barrier.
- Professional Recovery Serum: a professional-only, potent, lightweight serum that disrupts the inflammation cycle and immediately soothes and calms skin, helping reduce visible redness and irritation and make skin less reactive. Allows you to leave your facial treatment without extreme redness or irritation.
- Perfecting Plant Peel System is a professional-only, two-step plant-powered thermal peel that retexturizes skin, smooths lines and wrinkles, evens skin tone, refines pores and provides the instant exfoliation and radiance benefits of a 30% glycolic peel without the associated redness and irritation. When activated, this peel generates heat through thermal kinetic energy to promote immediate desquamation, exfoliating skin without redness or irritation.
- Professional Cooling Masque is a professional-only, 98% naturally-derived cooling clay masque that instantly soothes and calms irritated-looking skin and visibly reduces redness, irritation and the appearance of pores to reveal clearer, more even skin. Especially good for acne prone skin.
- Tulusāra Aroma Infusions are professional-only concentrated aromatic essential oil blends formulated to help address imbalances and bring balance to the body, mind and spirit.
Why are your facial prices increasing?
Facial prices are increasing at Hair Crafters for a few reasons. This summer, Aveda has recreated and streamlined its entire facial product line by retiring older products and introducing new products to elevate its facial experience by targeting each guest’s specific issues. Furthermore, Aveda has created a new facial system incorporating these new facial products with new and improved techniques. For example, we will now incorporate dry facial brushes during the exfoliation process, to make the facial experience even better and more unique than before. Finally, Hair Crafters has not had such significant changes to its facials or its prices in more than 8 years.
How can I save money on facials?
We have created facial packages that allow you to save money on each individual facial when used within a six-month period. By having regular facials, the health, appearance and radiance of your skin will improve significantly. Please note that Hair Crafters will strictly enforce using the package within six months from purchase. This allows you to receive the maximum benefits of your facial regime.